- CATraxx database:
- Make sure Track.Custom17 are available.
- Goto Tools/Database Setup. Click Tables tab and choose Track. Then click the Fields tab.
- Find and click Custom17. In the right pane, tick Use. You can also change the name to "iTunesID".
- Click OK to confirm the changes you made.
- iTunes (existing music collection):
- The only way to syncronize CATraxx and iTunes is to create a unique link between the two programs. Sync based upon
filename is utterly unusable (just think about renaming in CATraxx).
- Therefore all music in iTunes must be added by HAPsyncITunes in order to create this link. The existing music
(links) cannot be used.
- Goto Edit/Preferences/Advanced. Remove the tick for Keep iTunes... and Copy files to....
- Any musicfiles in iTunes not found in CATraxx will be
deleted (not the files) when you syncronize.
- How are the updates found?
- When you click Updates, the program will search for all tracks where Album.lastmodified,Track.lastmodified or Track.TagWrite has changed since the specified date/time.
- The first time you start the program, the date/time will be now.
- Change back the date to before you created the first album in order to transfer all tracks to iTunes.
© Thomas Hamstrup